In the last few years I have seen a lot of different things when it comes to real estate transactions. This one is one I never thought could happen. I took a listing in South Fort Myers and the home underwent an extremely unfortunate event. The home caught on fire. It still unknown what the casue of the fire was, but what is important is that everyone is safe.
The homeownder and I went to college together some time ago. I was delighted when they choose me to list their home. My heart breaks for her and her family. About 10 days or so after the fire happened they contacted me about the lock box that I left there for the spare key. I was going to go retrieve the lock box, when one of the professionals were at the home. Well, when the professional went to get the lock box off the top of the fridge, it was melted and there was no way to get it off. The lockbox was now a peice of the fridge.
There are some things that you might not think about when listing your home, or maintaining your home. Here are some things you can do to keep you and your loved ones safe.
-Check your fire alarms
-Clean out dryer vents
-Keep all tree limbs, and bushes trimmed and away from the home
-Do not burn debris outside and close to the house, or on a windy day.
-Keep Fireworks away from the home
-Do not park cars on grass if they are hot
-Do not burn candles unattended
-Recycle all unused paints and solvents instead of storing them in a storage area,
-Keep an eye on the news and make a mental note to where the controlled burns are happening.